Thursday, February 2, 2012

Boise Bike Project

So I finally bought a membership to the Boise Bike Project!!!
"Boise Bicycle Project (501c3) is a community-oriented effort to promote the personal, social, and environmental benefits of bicycling. It functions as a bicycle recycling center as well as an educational workspace in a diverse and non-threatening atmosphere. Through education and access to inexpensive bicycles we strive to build a stronger bicycling community."
 I did some work on my current bike, an old Schwinn roadbike. All that's left is a persistent and mysterious squeak the guys at BBP tried for 30 minutes to fix. I've decided that I simply have a very vocal bicycle and that I shouldn't try to stifle it's creative expression.

I've been doing some research on the bike I'll be using for this summer. Bike & Build recommends this bike, but I've been hearing that that is too much to pay and that a carbon fork won't hold up for a cross-country bike trip. It's sounding like a steel/chromoly frame/fork will make for a safer and more comfortable ride. Some friends and the people at BBP have continually been recommending Surly bikes, either the Cross-Check or Long-Haul. I'll continue to research and request advice for this steep purchase I'll be making in the near future.

$563 raised so far, $1,000 due at the end of February. Once I reach the $1,000 mark I can order my bike, whatever it ends up being. Once I order and get my bike I can start training!! Whoever donates up to the first thousand bucks get their name written on my bike!!!! Donate now to take advantage of this ONE TIME OFFER! I should do infomercials...

No comments:

Post a Comment